I’m trying not to read anything into the fact that my 13th links post is going out on Friday 13th. Anyway, here are some things I thought were worth sharing this week:
- Since I’ve reduced the number of blog posts I’ll publish each week, this post from Courtney Carver on making cuts seemed quite timely.
- Similarly, Lisa Congdon wrote recently about saying no and how in doing so you give yourself the time to think creatively. I like her description of ideas having time to ‘percolate’.
- I’ve enjoyed seeing Jodi’s daily sketches in her Instagram feed for a while now and they inspired me to make use of a tiny sketchbook I’ve had for over a year (and order a second one). She wrote on her blog this week about the benefits of limiting your time and materials when doing creative work.
- If you’ve ever been to Columbia Road flower market (or would like to) then there are some lovely photos on the Worship Blues blog this week, along with pictures of their new home.
- I love Liz Steel’s drawings and especially liked these of Castle Howard – which one is your favourite?
- Joy’s photos of the Lincoln family estate in Vermont make me want to go to the US again right away just so I can visit Hildene!